National Standards Organizations
In the elaboration, approval and implementation of European Standards (ETSI ENs), ETSI is assisted by 40 National Standards Organizations (NSOs) in 38 European countries. These NSOs have the exclusive responsibility for the following:
- standstill, which is the obligation not to undertake any national standardization activity which could prejudice the preparation of an EN and not to publish a new or revised version of the standard
- organization of national Public Enquiries in its country and sending the consolidated comments received to ETSI
- establishing the national position for the vote
- requirements for transposition into national standards
- withdrawal of any conflicting national standards.
More details on the above can be found in the Memorandum of Understanding which is signed by each NSO and ETSI at the beginning of their collaboration. Working documents and methods for NSOs can be found under the NSO tab of the ETSI portal.