The ETSI Directives are the rule book of the Institute. They present a lot of different information, ranging from ETSIs legal status and purpose, though to detailed working procedures and the responsibilities of the Institutes various components.
The ETSI Directives are contained in a single file, comprising eleven documents:
- ETSI Statutes
The official description of ETSI: its purpose, legal status and overall structure
- ETSI Rules of Procedure
A top-level description of the administration and operation of the Institute
- ETSI Guide on Intellectual Property Rights (IPR Guide)
Provides assistance in applying the ETSI IPR Policy that forms Annex 6 of the Rules of Procedure. Includes checklists and specimen forms for declaring IPR
- ETSI Guidelines for antitrust compliance (Antitrust Guidelines)
- ETSI Board Working Procedures
- Powers and Functions of the Board
- ETSI Financial Regulations
- Terms of Reference of the Operational Co-ordination Group (OCG)
- Guidelines on rights and obligations for former elected officials and former staff members
- ETSI Technical Working Procedures (TWP)
A detailed and very practical complement to the Rules of Procedure, addressing virtually all aspects of ETSI's operations
- ETSI Drafting Rules (EDR)
A detailed and very practical set of rules for drafting Reports, Technical Specifications and Standards
Each individual document is maintained by either the ETSI General Assembly, the ETSI Board or the Director-General. The cover page of each document indicates the date of adoption of the present version and the meeting of the General Assembly or Board that adopted it.
ETSI also maintains a series of guideline documents that are helpful in the practical application of the ETSI Directives.
The ETSI Directives and the guideline documents are all publicly and freely available.